Tuesday, March 24, 2015

This Luddite's on Instagram...

It's fair to say that nothing I do is insta.  When I wanted a kayak to do some exploring on the coast near where I live, I spent two months of the paddling season building a skin-on-frame kayak.  This winter when I got into cross country skiing, I spent most of the ski season making myself a new pair of skis.  When I get in the kitchen to cook dinner, I usually start by caramelizing onions to a deep, rich brown.



After a year of goading and encouragement by friends, (mostly from Caleb James) I recently joined Instagram.  If you look to the right on this blog, you will now see a link to my Instagram feed.  I've been posting for a couple of weeks and so far it's been fun.  It gives me the opportunity to share the small things that I wouldn't write a blog post about and I'm starting to see some interesting woodworking that I would have no other way to see.

If you want to follow what I am posting there my username is tim.manney.  You can use the Instagram app or just click the photo link to the right which will take you to my feed.  Expect a lot of spoon carving, toolmaking, chairs, and skin on frame kayaks.  I'll try to keep the thigh gap selfies to a minimum.  Promise.

I'll also be posting pictures of tools for sale when I have them in stock, or when I use materials that are not my standard options,  like these curly maple reamers I've been finishing up.




This batch is all spoken for, but I'll I have about 12 more in a couple of weeks.  They will be $135 each.  Email me or comment if you are interested.

2 comments:

  1. If you want to follow what I am posting there my username is tim.manney. You can use the Instagram app or just click the photo link to the right which will take you to my feed. Expect a lot of spoon carving, toolmaking, chairs, and skin on frame kayaks. I'll try to keep the thigh gap selfies to a minimum. Promise.http://DripFollowers.com/buy-instagam-followers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get instant access to 16,000 woodworking projects.

    Teds Woodworking has more than 16,000 woodworking plans with STEP BY STEP instructions, sketches and blueprints to make every project very easy!

    ReplyDelete